37

Irena has been pushing for a couple of hours already. She was tired. "Just a bit more, Irena, you can do it." "Come on, Rena." "Push," said Anna. "I can't, I'm too tired," said Irena weakly. Fred looked at her, worried. "Hey, I'm right here; everything will be ok. Soon we will have our kid in our arms. You can do it, Rena, I know you can," said Fred. "Rest, Irena, but you have to push again."

Irena pushed again. "I can see the baby. Irena pushed one more time." She pushed again, this time a big push she felt like she couldn't breathe. But then she heard a loud cry. She opened her eyes and looked where that sound was coming from.

Anna was holding a baby. Her baby, she couldn't believe it she did it. "You did it, Rena," said Fred, with happy tears starting to form in his eyes. He hugged her head since she was still lying on the bed. "Its a boy!" said Anna. A boy Irena was the mother of a little boy. She couldn't believe that after nine months, her son was finally here. "Come on, dad," said another healer handing Fred the scissors to cut the umbilical cord.

He cleaned his tears and got the scissors from the healer. He cut the umbilical cord, and before he could even hold his son the healers took him to clean him and check on him.

He looked where they took him. He was still crying and moving his little arms. Fred wanted to be next to his son to carry him and calmed him down. The healers were surrounding him, making sure he was healthy; he couldn't get closer. He looked back at Irena. She looked exhausted; she needed him to be by her side. He knew that. He walked back to her. "Hey, how are you feeling," asked Fred. "Like shit," she laughed.

They were done cleaning the baby. He was big and healthy. Irena was finally able to hold him. They moved the three of them to another room. They could soon have visitors. Fred sent another Patronus Charm to his family to let them know that Irena and the baby were good. He didn't say if the baby was a boy or a girl, and he also didn't mention his name. That's something he wanted to share with them face to face.

Irena had tears in her eyes. She didn't know if it was because of the pain or the excitement of finally having her baby in her arms. It was probably a mix of both.

Fred couldn't believe his child was finally here. And he was amazed by how strong Irena was with everything that she had been through these last 9 months. Seeing her give birth to his son brought so much joy to him. His son, he couldn't believe he had a son. He had a son because of Irena; he has someone that will call him dad one day. He had tears of joy. He kissed Irena on her head. She was holding their son the way she looked at him with so much love. His little boy was lucky to have someone like Irena as his mum. "Thank you," he said to Irena and kissed her cheek.