28 ↬ 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

˗'ˏ chapter 28 ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 28 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

Barefoot and running through the forest, her brother dragging her by the hand. "Ni-chan! I'm tired! Where's mama and papa? And  ██i-kun?"

Her brother glanced at her briefly but didn't stop running. His black hair was swaying, its tips a beautiful shade of blue. It would have been a wonderful trait if it didn't bring doom to her family.

"T-They'll follow us after a while, okay? Please hang tight Y/N-chan." He begged, fighting a sob down his throat. He can't afford to break down now. Especially when it's not just his life on the line.

The girl stared at his brother. She knew he was lying. The girl already tasted the blood in the air near their house and was well aware of what happened. She just couldn't believe it. But for her brother's sake she nodded, accepting his lie.

The girl woke up with a start. She was panting, gasping for air. How lovely. The nightmares were officially back. Groaning, she stood up from her bed, deciding to just get ready for the day. The wound on her arm was still stinging but she could deal with it. Plus she's been injured worse. 

If she's going to look at the bright side though the nightmares wake her up early in the morning. 'Guess I won't be needing an alarm clock.' she chuckled. 

She thought about them. The nightmares, the blue spider lily, what Higanbana said, and how they were connected. 'Now that I think about it, my brother's hair color also changed around my age.'

She shook her head. The girl should know better than to listen to a demon. Maybe her brother's hair was already like that from the start. Maybe he dyed it. She wanted to let it go, really. But there was something about Higanbana and the way she said it that made the girl think otherwise.

'Screw it I'm gonna be late.'

➽───────────────❥

"Y/N-CHAAAAN!" Hinata screamed from a distance, catching up with her and Kageyama. "Shoyo!" She hooked her arms around his neck then nuzzled his hair. It was so... fluffy.

Meanwhile someone watched from behind them, a glare and scowl present on his face. "Hinata boke! Get off we're going to be late." He grumbled. The sight of you being affectionate with another boy was spurring unwanted emotions from him.

"Oh that's right! Daichi's gonna kill us!"

The girl groaned. "I don't think I could play today." she began. "Huh, why? Are you okay!?"

"Y-Yeah fine. Just tired. I didn't get much sleep last night." Which was a partial lie. The real reason though was she couldn't risk her bandaged arm being exposed. It would lead to questions. She was lucky enough that her jacket got it covered but if she changes into her volleyball clothes then-

"I didn't get to sleep too! Because of the earthquake." She stiffened. 'Akaza really caused a whole ass earthquake.' She reminisced to the events of last night. Their fight was... something. She was aware that if Akaza went all out and Higanbana didn't interfere when she did, the girl would already be six feet under and burning in hell.

At least something came out of it. Through her fight with the demon, she discovered a new ability. Similar to Akaza, she could predict the enemy's movements by tasting the air around, the spot where they'd attack tasting different. She smirked. 'When I see Inosuke again I'll beat him to the ground.'

They arrived at the gym, the sound of balls greeting them. "DAICHI, DAICHI! Look at those three they're late! Make them do the diving drills!" Tanaka screamed, making the three first years glare at him. "Oi Tanaka! You're just upset Daichi made you do it too."

"Diving drills now! And Y/N! Why aren't you in your gym clothes?" 

"Ah gomen. I didn't get to sleep last night and my head hurts." she lied, hoping they'd buy the excuse. "You should be taking care of yourself more, Y/N." Suga came up to her, giving her a smile as he pat her head.

"I-I'll make sure Suga-san." she beamed.

"Ara~ I thought you were a swordsman? Skipping practice because of a headache? How fragile. Or is that sword on your back a prop?" the blonde middle blocker taunted. 

The girl was irked. She was aware that most of them already dismissed the sword on her back as an accessory, nothing more. They've never really seen her use it except the occasional hitting. So their doubts were justified. 

And it was infuriating. 

"Yeah, yeah. Sure it is." she dismissed, not wanting to get in a fight. She usually hates being the bigger person, that's why she vented out her anger by cursing the french fry in her head. 'You fuckin, salty ass hoe. When I get the chance I'll shove this sword down your throat and make it seem like an accident.'

Her dismissing the boy though only made the team doubt the girl more. It's not like they don't believe her. They've just never seen her use it. Maybe if she does know how to use it, her skills may be mediocre. Ukai interrupted their thoughts.

"6 vs 6 practice match! I want to see how far everyone is." So they played. The girl made herself useful by sitting on a chair beside the court, flipping the scores. 

She stuck out her tongue playfully at Tsukishima, then turned her head to subtly raise a middle finger at him. The boy snickered and raised his own behind his back. 

Then she tasted something. Ever since her fight with Akaza, her sense of taste improved drastically. She smirked at the familiar taste she sensed, dashing towards her way.

She stood up from her seat, knocking the chair back. The girl brought the sheath of her sword from her back to her hip, adjusting it quickly. She was grinning, anticipation in her bones. Though she was still tired from her fight the night before, this one was different. She was excited

She flicked her thumb below the hilt, unclasping the katana from its sheath. This caught the attention of the others. They gasped at the sword. It was beautiful but wicked. Half of its color was a black to cerulean gradient, evidently crafted by expert hands. 

"W-Woah, Y/N-chan! I've never seen it before! So cool!" 

"Pretty..."

"What are you doing! That's dangerous, put it back!" Anytime now. The boar was coming her way. 

"Oi... Please stand back." She grinned, eyes glinting dangerously.

Then the window shattered.

~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

i feel like ive been giving too much cliffhangers lately... poor you

SO I HOPE U LIKE IT 

AND I DEMAND EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU TO STAY SAFE AND MAKE SURE TO LOVE YOURSELF (and fuck everyone else)

THE NEXT CHAPTER MIGHT BE A LET DOWN CAUSE AS U ALREADY KNOW... I CANT WRITE FIGHT SCENES