27 ↬ 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐚

˗'ˏ chapter 27 ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 27 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

"𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏."

They froze. The two whipped their heads to the source of the voice, completely baffled they didn't sense someone approach. Standing there was a demon with hair as white as snow, the tips of it blood red, skin pale and eyes a glinting crimson. Her hand was stretched out, red vines protruding from it, lashing towards Akaza. 

It was the demon lady from before, her figure engulfed by the moonlight. "Higanbana, what are you doing?!" The pink haired demon growled. 'Higanbana...? ' (the demon lady from chapt: warning)

"Akaza you heard me. Let the girl go." she demanded, voice stern and holding authority. The demon, Akaza, sighed, surprising her when he backed off. "This is treason." he protested. 

Akaza only ever respected two people. The demon lord and his right-hand woman, Higanbana. Muzan he respects out of fear, the other out of pure admiration and respect. So he listened. 

"I won't question you. But I hope you know what you're doing." he warned, while turning away. "And I played no part in this." 

He glanced at the demon slayer one last time, hoping to at least get her name as memento of their fight and her strength. The girl noticed this. "Y/N. My name's Y/N. And I'll make sure to kill you next time." she grinned at him. He smiled back. The upper moon demon left the two alone, carrying a newfound respect for the girl.

She visibly relaxed. "Holy hell imagine being killed by someone that hot." she muttered. The demon laughed. "You shouldn't be too comfortable around me, little bloomer." 

She grinned. "Who says I am? Besides... I sense no malice from you. And you wouldn't have stopped the fight if you wanted me dead. Or were you scared I'd kill basketball boy?" She teased. She was smiling but her arm was killing her, the amount of blood lost now taking a toll on her body. 

The demon, Higanbana, sensed her discomfort, immediately rushing to her side. "Oh dear. That's too much blood." she murmured. She whistled gently, summoning her hound. It appeared before her, ready to lick the girl's wounds. The girl flinched. She's definitely not over the hound biting and paralyzing her.

"Oh hell no!" she screeched, not wanting to be poisoned again. Higanbana laughed, lightly hitting her head. "Did Yori traumatize you?" she teased. 

"Yori?" She cocked her head, confused at the demon's fond voice. As far as she knows demons don't have pets, much less name them. But Higanbana wasn't your typical demon.

"That's his name. He was my dog when I was a human if you're wondering. Trust me and let him lick you. Then I'll tell you how he met."

She deadpanned at her. "You're asking me to expose my vulnerable self to a hound that nearly killed me before? In exchange for a story? Hell no." 

"I know you're curious." 

The girl brought her arm to the dog, grumbling. "Damn, she got me. But yolo."

The demoness snorted. Yori began licking her wounds, surprising her when the pain was subsiding. "His saliva has both healing and poisoning properties."

"Ah. So I piss him off, he can kill me?" 

"Correct." 

"Cool."

The two sat on the cool ground, getting comfortable as the hound treated the girl's wounds. "Story?" Higanbana chuckled. "You see I met him when I was a child. Back then-" The demoness then told her how her and the hound met, fondness and love laced in her voice, surprising the girl yet again. 'Demons don't have emotions. Or was she like Nezuko? No way. If she was like her then Muzan would have killed her already.' 

But surprisingly, at the moment, she didn't care. She was sitting on the soft ground, the soft breeze gently singing to them, as the demon told the girl stories of her past humanity. It was a comforting and tender moment for the two. 

The girl lost her family when she was young and since then, she never had someone to call a mother. Maybe it was the serene night, maybe it was the strange connection she felt with her, or maybe the mystifying feeling of having a brush with death but at that moment, Higanbana's presence felt like that of a mother's. It felt like home.

"Wait so he's face was deformed because he was dropped when newly born?" She felt both of them stiffen. "Don't be rude! It's a sensitive topic." "O-Oh."

She gently patted the dog, showing him that she was sorry. "That's also the reason no one wanted him, you know. It was such a shame. He's a sweetheart. If only they'd look past physical appearance." she sighed.

"When... when I turned into this, one of the things that I was most afraid of was parting with him. But-" she chuckled as she scratched behind Yori's ear. "But he wasn't scared of me. When I came home he ran to me as usual, giving me kisses on my cheek. He stuck with me to the end. And when it was time for us to say goodbye... It was selfish but I couldn't. I couldn't bear to part with him. So I..." she trailed off.

"You gave him your blood?" the girl guessed. "Mhm." 

"Well it worked didn't it? Both of you are happily together." The she-demon gave her a sidelong glance. "I didn't have time to before but do you remember when I warned you?"

The demon slayer nodded her head. "Yeah, about me laying low? What was that about." The demoness gave her a lonely and wistful look, as if remembering a sad memory. "Unfortunately, you knowing about the situation may bring you more harm than good. But I'll tell you what you need to know to be safe."

Y/N snorted. "Safe my ass. I'm a demon slayer for god's sake." she muttered.

"That's why I'm asking you to resign from it."

The girl whipped her head to her, incredulous. "Why?"

"I told you. It's safer if you don't know." "But it's better if I do!"

"Really now? What about that marechi boy from school?" she taunted. The H/C girl scoffed.

"All you need to know, little bloomer, is that when the tips of your hair turn blue, you run. From both demons and slayers."
~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

im SERIOUSLY restraining myself from writing another fanfic. i have an idea already but ughhghghr

TELL ME IF ITS GETTING CONFUSING! and boring

basically this chapt was like an intro to higanbana (shes an oc) and to show you that there's something abt y/n that muzan wants so bad and both demon and (potentially) demon slayers may be after her for it

ALSO SOMEONES COMING SOON!!!

I WROTE THIS AT 2 AM IM AWARE THAT THIS IS A MESS

anyways here's a random thought i had rn: chupacabra wearing a tequila patterned underwear

again im sorry but its 2 am