44 ↬ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮

˗'ˏ chapter 44 ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 44 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

𝐓𝐒𝐔𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄, 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐂 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐒𝐊 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄.

An irk mark appeared on her head. 'Egoistical prick. Why won't you just ask?' she grumbled internally. A few moments had passed since either of them spoke, right after she admitted to "not remembering." Of course, that puzzled the blond to no end, and with his pride in the way, he had trouble asking, leaving them both silent. But the silence allowed her to gain back her composure, her previously dull eyes now back to their usual, albeit a bit tired, playful ones, which relieved him to some degree.

After she felt Tsukishima turn to her once again, she finally sighed before giving in. "You know you could just ask right?"

He immediately looked away, faking an eyeroll- a façade of disinterest. "I don't care." She scoffed, "Fine then. Be that way." Standing up and stretching, she smoothed out her haori. "Training's over by the way. See you tomorrow salty," she added, waving goodbye. 

About to leave, she suppressed a smirk when Tsukishima outstretched a hand to stop her.

"Wait."

Without turning around, she replied, "Yeah?"

He narrowed his eyes on her, a pinched expression on his face. Tsukishima knew very well that the damned girl was edging him to admit he wanted to know more. There was satisfaction on her part to know that he cared. So he had to choose: pride or curiosity. Irritably combing a hand through his hair, he gave in, knowing full well that a chance like this may never happen again.

"Earlier, when you said you can't remember. What do you mean by that?" Her back still to him, she said, "I meant exactly as I said. I couldn't remember."

And so, Tsukishima asked what has been plaguing his mind since earlier.

"You have amnesia?"

Finally, she turned to him. He sucked in a breath at the pained look on the girl's face. "Had," she corrected. "Most of my memories came back by now. I think."

His eyes widened in disbelief, mouth opening and closing as if he wanted to say something but unsure of how to say it. He's heard of instances when intense trauma causes memories to be suppressed. And if whatever happened to her that the only way to protect her emotionally and mentally was by forgetting. . . 'You don't deserve any of that Y/N,' he thought mournfully.

"I couldn't remember shit when Nekomata found me. That's why I couldn't come back," she stared at her hands sadly, a bitter laugh escaping her lips. "Because I didn't even know I had Sanemi."