Anna

Anna

Anna was my best friend and I loved her dearly. When I moved in with the Smith's after getting out of Southside Recovery I got to know and befriend their two dogs. A poodle named Roxy and a mix breed kind of pitbull-esce dog named Anna.

Anna was an older dog but she still enjoyed life and was relatively active. She was rescued by Sherry and had previously been abused to the degree that one of her ribs was broken and never healed properly so it would stick out of her side.

One of my favorite memories of Anna was her love of cereal milk. I didn't eat any food during the morning or day, but late at night before I would go to bed I would eat a bowl of cereal. It was a fruity off brand cereal named "Fruity Dinobites" so there was a lot of sugar in it. When I would make a bowl Carly would get up from the chair or couch and walk into the kitchen then wait by my door for me to finish my cereal because I would always have a lot more milk than needed and there was a decent amount left which I would give to Anna. This became a routine and something I'm sure she looked forward to, just a bunch of sugar intake.

Every afternoon when I would wake up Anna would either be sleeping by my door or on the couch. If she was on the couch I would walk up and pet her first thing every day. I think she loved me, and I truly loved her. Then when I stayed with the Nata's I would sleep in the living room on their couch and given dogs are pack animals and pretty much all dogs consider me one of them, they started sleeping in the chairs and below my feet instead of where they previously slept on Sherry's bed.

One of my saddest moments were where I couldn't defend her or Susy from the abuse Evan would do to them, Anna less often, Susy pretty much every day. You see Susy was never petted unless it was me and she was in fear that she would be hurt and so would bark very aggressively at anyone that walked through the door.

I developed that as a solution to keep her from barking whenever I got home, right as I walked through the door I called her from her hiding spot under a side table and she would run up and I would greet her with caring attention. The only reason why I couldn't fight back was if I assaulted Evan, which I very much wanted to on many occasions, I would become homeless by his mom, and so I endured his warped ways. It wasn't just myself that was unable to defend Susy from Evan, his Uncle that lived with us couldn't as well given he was in the e situation as myself. The thing is literally it would take two seconds for one of us to knock Evan out. Dustin, his uncle, was a veteran and I of course know how to fight and was working out every day.

Anyways the worst form of abuse I saw Evan do was to Susy and I let him get away with it. One day after his work at the sandwich shop and not having money or weed to come home to he arrived in an angry mood. Susy of course started barking as soon as he walked in because she hated him and feared him for the pain he had put her through in the past. Evan immediately runs over and takes both hands and squeezes Susy's body as hard as he could. Susy was a very small dog so I was honestly worried afterwards that Sherry would have to take her to the vet. Once he did that he retreated to his bedroom and I was left to try and comfort Susy. She was breathing heavy and was in in and I couldn't fix it when I was perfectly cable via beating the tar out of Evan.

Anna on the other hand worst subjection to was one day when Evan got home from the sandwich shop I was eating at the table and Anna was next to me. For some god knows why power, anger, and control he would yell at the dogs and threaten violence if they "begged for food." You can't reverse a dog's natural behavior so of course they would gather around the table when there was food. The only food they had to eat was the cheapest on the market. Anyways so I was eating and the first thing Evan does it sees Anna and picks up a water bottle and throws it as hard as he could at her face yelling "stop begging!". Later this was when we had weed I sat in the garage with Evan and told him after we took a couple hits that "bro that was really messed up and mean." After a second he agreed with me and I could see in his eyes he truly meant it and was sorry. It took cannabis for him to realize that what he did might have been wrong. I don't think he understands the pain of others being a psychopath not sociopath or something went wrong in his childhood with animals that he hates them. This is in direct contrast to Sherry who cared dearly for both Anna and Roxy.