Understanding Melissa Now

When I was sixteen years old and we were evicted from Broken Lane, the home we all grew up in, I found a lot of frustration, not in the situation of leaving my childhood behind, it was torture anyways so no skin of my back, it was my parents actions to not find a solution. At the age of thirty and having rented several apartments before I can completely understand how my mother or father struggled to find a new home. The combining factors

Whenever I was about to move from Bennington to Rochester to go to OHIO STATE I needed to find an apartment to stay at. Years of poverty and poor financial decision gave me a very low credit score and my only income was financial aid and disability. These two did not meet the minmum required monthly income to rent 99% of the apartments in Rochester. Fortunate for me, my sisdter found a place that would accept me and I had a really good first impression and meeting with the owner so that is the only reason why I wasn't going to be homeless. Back to finances, combine with the need to y first months rent, last months rent, and a security deposit equal to or greater than one months rent. This sets up the situation to where you need about two grand at the least and if your credit score is low you will be constantly rejected.

These things I didn't know about until I moved from Bennington, and knowing them now I can accept and forgive my rents for bnot being able to provide a home. My logic as a teen was frustration that my mother knew we were going to be evicted, yet she just let the days ss with no action to find a new home. Little did I know that she did everything she could and by some way she found three different homes to rent when I was sixteen until the final move where I decided to go live with Carleton and his mother.