Cynthia

Cynthia

Cynthia is my brother's wife and my sister-in-law. Whenever I lived in Bennington for a year with my brother then a year and a half with my grandmother I did anything and everything she asked for. I brought her alcohol and monster all the time and this isn't even factoring in the thousands of dollars I gave her and Bryce. Every holiday I would give her $40 and every time I went over to their house in the later years of my grandmother I would give her $21 in bingo scratch tickets. Every time. So time passes and after my brother telling me "you need to do something with your life." I move to Rochester and enroll in Arkansas state University. It was during this time where all of my spare money went to school and I was paying $40 extra every month on the phone bill that I joined with my brother's family. No matter how much I paid however which totaled to over $400 extra, my brother would keep the bill $700 behind. When I told my sister about this she suggested I pay the phone off and get off their plan, and so I did.

I believe I texted my brother telling him I was getting off his plan because I couldn't afford to keep paying so much extra and was in fear that my phone would get shut off from him not paying the bill with any of the money I gave him. The thing is to get off someone's plan you need to be a main person on the account to which that person was Cynthia. When I explained the situation to her and that in order for me to transfer service I needed their cable and internet pin code to remove myself to which it took over two hours to get from her.

Thing is Cynthia is fucking miserable in her life and has no control over anything, so the one time she is given the power to help or hurt me she chose hurt to get out her own anger at the inadequacies of her life. It had literally nothing to do about money for her, she just wanted the power trip knowing I needed something from her and she controlled it. After giving her every option, offering to go outside while she put the pin in on my laptop because she said "oh you'll mess with our cable subscription." Which was complete bullshit again, just a power trip from a strictly powerless unhappy wife and mother. After hours of trying to make this happen she finally gave me the code to which I was able to get off their plan and no longer fear losing my phone from them not spending money right.

The end game was I got my phone off my brother's plan that he never paid and it also changed my perception of Cynthia. She was really mean about the whole process after I had given her a ridiculous amount of money and favors. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, and so when I got a new number I didn't give it to her, her and my brother do not deserve the generosity I showed them.