Chapter 23

Standing at the front of the ship with Kid you stared starry eyed at the black sanded and dark skied island the ship was heading to. “Wow, it's so dark!” You said getting Kid to scoff. “That's just the outside wait until you see what goes on there.” Kid said turning to go order his crew to get ready to dock. Getting closer to the edge to get a closer look through the ships decorative teeth your tail swished behind you as you eyed the large black cliff on the eastern side of the island. Hearing a whistle you quickly turned knowing that it was Arvids signal for you to go to him. Sprinting to the infirmary with a smile you clawed the door frame to catch yourself from running past it. “Here!” You cheered running over to jump on the shade wearing doctor. Grinning as he looked down at you Arvid sat you down on his desk. “Alright Kitten you know what to do when we get on the island right?” he asked making you nod once. “Yep! I gotta act super duper cute and mumble a lot while staying by your side!” You chirped getting the doctor to ruffle your hair. “That's right! Now then, we gotta wait until your big brother and papa leave the ship before we do, okay?” Arvid asked making you tilt your head. “Why do we gotta wait?” You asked making the fur favoring man smile as he stuck his hands in his pockets. “Because if either of them know im taking you on the island, they'll get upset and force you to stay on the ship until one of them can take you themselves.” Arvid said matter of factly as he waved a finger to his words while walking away from you. Gasping a little as you eyes widened. “I don't wanna wait on the ship! I wanna explore and get stuff to!” You whined getting the ginger to spin around and point. “Exactly that's why we have to wait for a bit.” He said making you nod quickly at him as he came over and patted your head. “Good girl.” He muttered walking over to one of his desk drawers to open it. Hopping off of his desk you went to leave the room. “I gotta grab something!” You said getting the ginger to wave over his shoulder as he dug through his drawer. Quickly sprinting to Killers room you pushed to door open to grab the money bag you won at poker from under the bed. Turning to run back you smacked right into Killer falling back you looked up to the masked blond. “Oh, you found someone to take you onto the island?” Killer asked making you shake your head remembering what the ship's doctor said. “No, but I wanna go!” You said as Killer lifted you up to sit you down on the bed. “I know but you'll have to wait. Black Beach is dangerous, and you don't have the ability to go berserk on your own yet. Stay here and be a good girl.” Killer said making your ears droop and pout as he grabbed his syths and left. Waiting until you couldn't hear his footsteps you jumped from the bed to go back to the infirmary while putting your money bag in a small satchel Jacub gave you. Meeting the doctor in the hallway you grinned when he becond you over as he started to make his way on deck. Peaking past the ginger when he paused you watched Killer and Heat follow Kid off the ship with Wire close behind onto the bustling and loud dock. Turning to Arvid you copied him as he put a finger to his lips as he picked you up and under his coat. Hearing him as he walked you smiled and slid down when you felt him tap your back. “Okay, time for your mission Kitten.” Arvid said as he lead you into the crowded town. Holding onto his pant leg you followed the giger's previous odereds to widen your eyes slightly and lower your ears just a bit. Looking around you saw multiple shops with different weapons, clothes, jewelry, and ship stuff when your guide tapped your head a couple times signaling you to start you act as he slowed near a few improperly dressed women. Stopping to look at them you hid behind Arvids legs when they turned to you. “Oh look how cute she is girls!” One of them said making the two others turn and coo. Hiding further you poked your head out and waved to them as Arvid turned with a sly smile. “(Name) it's not nice to stare go say hi.” He said patting your back to make you walk over to them. Remembering what the ginger told you to do once you got near the women you started playing with the hem of your dress and sway a bit. “Hello.” You mumbled as all three girls knelt to fawn over you. “Aw look at you aren't you just the sweetest thing?” “Oh my goodness look she has little kitty ears!” “Look at her little tail! She's just too precious!” They said when you were scooped you by Arvid. “Isn't she though? I hardly know what to do with her.” He said smiling as the three women stood to quickly crowd him. “Is she yours?” “Oh you never see a man taking care of his kids anymore.” “Aw, l could just eat them up!” They said as the shade wearing ginger nodded and tilted his head towards you as you hid your face before shyly peeking at the sweet smelling women. Tilting your head as they started pulling Arvid behind them you turned to the closest one to lightly touch her coral pink hair. “Is pwetty.” You mumbled getting the said women to squeal. “Oh I just wanna squeeze you! Your so adorable!” She said as you hid again before smiling her way as the five of you entered a sweet smelling building.