Chapter 19

On the walk home I mind linked Keller telling him we were heading home. I enjoyed seeing Zeiden and Sam whispering to each other the whole way. Some times I would see Zeiden glance my direction but I would pretend I didn't notice as I greeted some of the pack members on the way.

Once we got home I led Zeiden to Sam's room. It had dark blue walls, a grey poster bed, a shelf beside the bed, and a tv at the head of the bed. The four shelves were against the wall besides Sam's bed. The top one had a blue and white lamp, small ship, black alarm clock, and a kit to preform some sort of rock experiment. Two other shelf's were filled with books while the last one had a box filled with some pictures we had taken before and a few stuffed toys that Hailey had given to him.

There was a grey carpet in front of the bed and the walls had two paintings and other framed pictures. One painting was a forest and the other was of the ocean.

There was six pictures of us. Two of when he was a baby, one on his first birthday, another of when he took his first steps, another with me, Thomas, Mason, and Kyle all together. The last one was one day when all the pack took a picture together with Sam. He was still a baby and Thomas thought it would be good. What the picture didn't tell was that it was a few weeks after the big rouge attack. It was hard having to deal with the business and that was when we held the ceremony that accepted me as alpha.

I moved the covers letting Zeiden set Sam on the bed. I tucked Sam in after he handed me the book. "Now you better fall asleep, buddy." I told him picking up the book settling on the foot of his bed. He nodded snuggling into his covers. The curtains were pulled to keep out the noon sunlight and the room light on.

I looked at Zeiden to see him still standing by the door awkwardly. I smiled seeing him gazing at the pictures on the wall. "Zeiden." I called him. He snapped his eyes to me. "Sit." I said scooting over to give him space.

He looked at the space I motioned at then at me. He hesitatingly walked over settling on the very edge of the bed. The corner of my mouth lifted in amusement. "Don't worry I won't bit." I teased as he moved making himself more comfortable. "At least not yet." I mumble to myself.

Zeiden blushes seemed to have heard my comment. I smiled seeing him clear his throat nervously. I turned back to the book opening to the first page.

"Under the summer sun, a little boy sat next to the big old strong tree he had seen all his life. He turned up to the sky breathing in the heavy aroma of full grown flowers and the ripped fruit that surrounded him.

He spotted a small little bird as it flew in the air behind the flock of bigger stronger birds. He wonder the life of the little bird as it flew higher into the sky and he soon lost sight of it.

Even once it was long gone the little boy wonder what he would see if he were that little bird...."

***

"With that the little boy stood before the big strong tree once again. He said goodbye as he set on his journey ready to fly far away like the little bird-''

Alpha? I heard Thomas's voice in my head.

Yes? I asked.

Alpha Kyle has just reached the border. He informed me. I looked up at the alarm clock to see it was already three hours past noon.

I am on my way, Thomas. I dismissed Thomas shutting the book. I looked up to finally notice that not only was Sam asleep but Zeiden was too.

He had laid across the bed as I had read the book. I quietly got up and headed to the closets to get a blanket for him.

I got a soft white blanket big enough for him and laid it on him. I gazed at his peaceful face realizing that today things had gone better than I thought. At least he wasn't scared of me.