Chapter 14

I could feel my vision come and go. Time began to slowly melt into each other making it impossible to know how much had passed. It felt like hours when in reality it was but a few minutes.

Thomas tried to keep my awake. He would talk to me keeping me from losing conscious. He tried to switch places but I knew the hail was hurting him already and I would be able to resist longer if I had to.

After many hard pounding heart beats, I heard shouting and some I saw a distant light. "Over here." I heard a voice shout out followed by multiple hurried footsteps.

"Oh my god!" I heard gasps all around noticing the hail had stopped because I was being covered.

"Alpha? Rue?! Rue!" I opened an eye trying to stand up not feeling my limbs. I felt hands on my legs and hissed in pain. The person retreated their hands like they were the ones who felt the burn.

I stumbled before leaning on the rock besides me on my uninjured shoulder. I blinked to see Mason standing in front of me eye widen. The light hurt my eyes as I tried to see.

I shifted back to human form only to get more gasps. There was about a dozen men with coats and plastic cover over them to block the hail. Mason quickly wrapped me in a coat trying to be careful as I hissed at contact.

"Get them on the stretchers." I ordered the men with eyes lowered to the floor as Mason buttoned up the coat.

They moved quickly. "Get him to the doctor. Tell him he was in a car crash." I said breathlessly as they picked up my mate my blood still pounding in my ears. I leaned down kissing his forehead before flicking the group to get moving.

The next group got Thomas and carried him behind my mate. The last group waited for my instructions. I dismissed them but Mason told them to wait.

"Alpha get on the stretcher. You are injured and weak." He said trying to convince me to be carried. I only shook my head and began to limp to the direction the others had left. Mason scrambled after me protesting and holding up a shield from the showers of hail.

With each step more black spots entered my vision, but I just shook my head shaking them off and continuing.

I tuned out Mason focusing on my steps. So many pellets of ice covered the ground I occasionally stepped on them.

I stumbled most of the time but steadied myself and kept moving. Mason and the last group followed behind me never complaining of my slow pace.

My breathe soon began to come out slower and after it seemed forever I saw the bright lights of my pack. We walked out of the woods to see most of the pack before the pack house all in similar coats. Some of them on the porch of their house.

As we walked in the middle of the houses all the heads turned to us. They started to yell and shout in relief when they saw me, but when they fully saw me they gasped in horror pointing at the blood that flowed down my legs from all the injuries.

I wanted to stop and tell them I was alright but Mason pulled me forward as the group and some other warriors held the pack back forming a line to the pack house.

I let myself be pulled by Mason suddenly feeling drained. I saw the wooden floor beneath me go black as I enter the pack house no longer able to keep conscious.

———————————————————

"Jake stop it!" I squealed jumping over the couch of the living room. He stood on the other side arms spread moving to left then right.

I mirrored his movement. "Jake if you tickle me I will tell daddy!" I told him trying to get him to stop but he only let out a small chuckle before jumping over the couch and tackling me.