ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 10_ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ

🦋

It had been a week since he last saw Taehyung. Was it supposed to be that big of a deal? Apparently, Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about him. He would generally zone out, trying to make a guess about what the elder must be doing.

Like right now. He was walking back home after a long day of work and had accidentally trodden too far, leaving his apartment behind. He wouldn't even have noticed it if it weren't for the creepy shadow of something from behind.

That is what made him stop in his tracks. He turned around, finding no soul in the particular area. Strange.

He had been feeling that for the past few days. The weird and uncomfortable feeling of someone following him. Spying on him. But he found no one every time he checked.

He was having a hard time believing that it was all in his head.

He looked around and found himself having reached further. Damn, not again.

He really needed to get his thoughts fixed. He needed to stop thinking about a certain guy he should've forgotten by now. After all, he had his own life. Just because someone had an exciting life didn't mean he wished to be with them longer. No way.

🦋

Jungkook was now dressed into his casual hoodie and sweatpants like he usually did. He checked the clock, showing it was 10 at night. It was about time.

A little white cat's mewls would fill his house by now. She always came at the same time and waited in the small bushes across from his building every night, waiting for Jungkook who always fed her with fish, meat, rice, bananas or anything convenient available.

She wasn't here today which was hard to digest. He couldn't focus on anything else because his worry was slowly consuming him. After waiting for about half an hour, he decided to step out and check for himself.

He got into the lift and soon reached the ground, entering the world with chilly air, which sent goosebumps all over his body. He exited the building, walking across the lane as he looked for a certain cat.

Something was definitely off. She would never forget about coming to him for her dinner. Unless something unfortunate happened...

He looked into the bushes but he found nothing. He walked a bit further to search for the little creature but all his efforts ended in vain. It wasn't until he turned around he found the colour of his skin pale.

Only when he turned around did he find a trio of men staring at him casually, as if they weren't creeping him out at all. Jungkook gasped at the sudden presence and took a few steps back, body totally shaken up.

"Hello, Mr. Jeon." The one in the middle called out, extending his arm to shake hands. Jungkook just stared at the hand in horror, breathless by the fact that the person knew his name.

After noticing the atmosphere and Jungkook's unwilling friendliness, he retreated his hand back, an awkward chuckle resounding right after.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Jungkook asked, trying his very best to not show he was close to pissing his pants.

"Not yet. But it'd be nice if you do so sooner. Let's have a talk please." He said in a formal manner, as if convincing a client for some business.