ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 8_ᴇqᴜɪᴛy ᴜɴᴠᴇɪʟᴇᴅ

!!The descriptions of prestiges in this chapter are fictional. Don't look them up, none of that exists!!

🦋

"The pristine blue gems from the ages old infamous 'Equity Unveiled' have been stolen. The world is in shock right now. The main reason being the amount of time it was hidden from the people..."

The news anchor's voice went off, leaving Jungkook's mouth agape as he stared wordlessly at the huge television screen. To say he was surprised, or anybody else watching the news was, would be an understatement.

Situated in the capital city Seoul, stood lone in the National Museum Of Seoul, the statue Equity Unveiled. It was a beautiful young man, hand held out towards a little child wearing ragged clothes, both smiling at each other. Another figure, a well presented wealthy man next to him reached out his hand but earned no return.

The crafter wanted to show through his work how equity isn't too bad after all. The real equity once unveiled would look like this. It's not about being unfair, it's solely about treating someone how it's supposed to be. The wealthy man in his tuxedo didn't need the kind guy's assistance, it was instead the poor little kid. So this time, equality wouldn't be just, right?

It wasn't a huge statue but was famous globally for it held major significance. The most important feature of the beauty were the five diamonds placed at specific spots. Three on the wealthy man's outfit, one on the kind man's chest and one in his hand as he gave it away to the unfortunate child.

The Blue Jays. That's what they were known as.

Jungkook remembers the first time he saw the beautiful statue at the age of five. He was awestruck to say the least and loved it with a passion. To think that the main attraction which costed more than any millionaire's entire life earnings was stolen took the whole country by storm.

"The matter was kept secretive and leaked to public today, exactly at 10 am. The theft seems to have occured six days before around midnight as reported by the media sources."

Six days before...the last day Jungkook spent in Seoul?

However he saw it, it looked really fishy for everything to become exclusive after six days of such a gut-wrenching theft. Things like these should've been out way sooner, right?

This wasn't it for Jungkook's surprise though. The next thing he heard almost made his world stop spinning. Was he hearing that right?

"The thief has been confirmed as Kim Taehyung, who is currently on run and has no records left behind. He was surprisingly not caught on any of the hundreds of CCTVs in the museum. The authorities are speculating the possibilities of an accomplice..."

And the voice went off, almost ringing in Jungkook's sensitive ears. He looked almost as if all air was knocked out of him while he momentarily forgot how it was like to breathe.

Taehyung robbed national property?

"Anyone, including government officers, who find him will be paid 200 million won by the government."

He couldn't believe his ears as he heard the news further. He had spent his last two days with a guy worth 200 million? Unbelievable.

Jungkook's breath hitched as he failed to comprehend his own thoughts. Everything started clicking now. Six days back around midnight, Taehyung intruded his house to run away from the police. That day, he was carrying the Blue Jays with him.

Oh my god no way.

Jungkook found himself at a lack of words, gripping onto the nearest object to calm down. It wasn't a surprise that Taehyung was a criminal but Jungkook had no idea he would be bold enough to rob the national treasure.