nine;;

We went back to the hotel so that I could make dressings. The next day came and, with it, another skiing day.

We left my brother at the ski school, and to my surprise, I knew the instructor.

"Look how cool, Trix! Yesterday James complained so much about the instructor that we asked for a replacement, and look who it is: Katya!", my mother explained, smiling.

"I'm going to be right next door trying to ski again, okay?"

"Are you sure you don't want to take classes, Trixie? I bet Katya'd be happy to teach you, she was so cute with you yesterday!"

"I already said that I can learn by myself", I said moving away.

Skiing was very boring! I fell all the time!

I was still trying to get up when a girl, also on skis, stopped beside me. I thought she was going to offer me help, but I realized that she was the same Katya's friend, the same from the bus and the same one who threw snow at me.

"If you came to laugh at my face, feel free. Enjoy that my parents are close and I can't even swear," I said trying to get up.

She took me by the arms and helped me, at least.

"Well, you deserved it, because it's really funny to see you falling. But I went through this a few years ago, when I started skiing. Everyone falls, it's normal. Didn't want to go through the school? The notions of balance that give there help a lot."

"School is for babies."

"Ok, adult, good luck learning by yourself! Watch out for snowballs...". Then she threw a snowball at me with the stick, which made me unbalanced once again.

She laughed, taking impulse and skiing away from me. It pissed me off so much that I just gave up and went back to meet my parents.

"Mom, can I go back to the hotel? I don't think I can handle it, I'm dying to remove this uncomfortable outfit."

"Wait just a little bit, Trix... In a little while we'll all change clothes for lunch. Would you mind keeping an eye on your brother for a while? Just so I can try to get down another lane."

Even though I was discouraged, I ended up agreeing, just because I hoped that she'd leave me alone for a second.

When I realized that James was very entertained with his maneuvers, I took out my cell phone to check the messages...