Chapter 69: Dead Wrong

I woke up to see Ryan's face. It was the only thing I could see, just his face and everything else was a bright light. He looked into my eyes, his face weak and drained of life as if he was dying. I wanted to touch him, but I couldn't feel my hands, legs, or anything. I couldn't move my head. It felt like I didn't even have anything. I felt like nothing was left of me except two eyeballs.

Ryan raised his hands over me. "Take the last of my powers. I've used it for good, and now, the demons have come to take the rest. I'm giving it to you. You are stuck here, but this is enough to keep you alive."

I didn't want him to do it, but he was dying anyway. I didn't want him to die, and I'm not sure if I wanted his evil powers.

"Be good, and the good ones will help you somehow," he said, then put his hand over my eyes.

I sat up quickly only to find myself outside of the house surrounded by Jasper, Tate, and Coraline. 

"Violet?" Jasper said, shocked to see me. "Is that really you?"

I stood up and began to touch my body. I had my stomach, legs, and feet. I had everything, even my clothes. I was alive. Guilt struck my heart over the little bit of happiness I had. Ryan said I couldn't leave. I walked to the stone, only to find myself cut off from the rest of the world. Jasper, Tate, and Coraline all followed me.

"Ryan saved us, and he used his power to protect this place from Mr. Harmon," Jasper put his hand on me. "It's not much, but you'll have us. We won't leave you alone, Violet."

I turned around and looked at Jasper. "What's the point of living if this is my barrier?"

He gave me a reassuring smile. "The real question is will there ever be someone to stop this. Maybe someone will, perhaps they won't. But if they do, you'll be free, Violet."

I didn't believe that. My dad had murdered me in cold blood. I don't know how I could ever escape this, too much had already been done. I just hope the next person that steps foot in my father's home knows that they're wrong. Dead wrong.

***

The End. 

Should Violet get the life she deserves? Maybe she will, in Hide and Seek 3 :D