Chapter Sixteen

The wind blew pushing her hair back leaving her beautiful face bare for his eyes to feast on, the soft melody of Jagjit Singh played on the radio, Pranitha gazed outside of the car watching the scenery pass and Agastya has his eyes fixed on her, her wild hairs were hiting his face and sometimes left a sting behind but it wasn't enough to make him away from her.

"Have you thought about it?" Pranitha asked out of blue and suddenly turn her head towards him to face him only to find his dark eyes looking at her with unreadable emotions in them before they were morphed by the same voidness she is so familiar with.

"Thought about what?" His voice came out husky and hard as he questioned her back in response of her question.

"About seeing the doctor" Something was there in the way he has tilted his head with his eyes fixed on beautiful face of her which made it little hard for Pranitha to look away, her heart has slowed down for a moment when she saw his eyes moving down from her eyes and looking at her lips for a nano second before they found her eyes back.

"I have already said I am better, It was just a stupid allergy, I have taken my medicine and I am well now" The source of courage was unknown to him but he enjoyed looking at her and wasn't ready to look away from her face, even when Pranitha herself broke the eye contact and looked ahead he still kept his eyes fixated on her face.

"Not for allergy, for your legs, It's been months of your accident, your wound has healed so Maa has talked with your doctor, she said that you can start the treatment now" She conveyed whatever Aaradhna has told her in morning, still feeling his eyes on her, she sighed unable to control the slow burn rising inside her chest "stop staring me" if the eerie silence wouldn't have been in the car, he would have missed her demand but even after catching her words he still kept looking.

"I will think about it"

"There is nothing to think, I have already booked an appointment for today's evening" She said, this time turning back to him to look at him, their eyes met in an intense eye lock, which none of them were ready to break, Agastya because he was enjoying it and Pranitha because she was being too stubborn at the moment to look away.

"Sir, we have reached" The driver's voice pulled them out from the eye lock war, Pranitha got down from car before pulling his wheelchair out and then helping him into it, her hand was on his shoulder as she called the lift, his heart which was already beating inside his chest loudly gained little more speed when he raised his own hand and placed on top of hers, Pranitha was taken aback by the sudden touch before she pulled her hand away making his heart go still due to the pain of rejection before it started to beat again in normal pace.

Pranitha felt her hand he has held a second ago tingling, she itched to hold that hand by another but didn't, she maintained her stoic face and entered in lift behind him, and after a swift ride of elevator they both finally reached on their designated floor, after reaching they both got immerged into their respective work, Pranitha was asked to attend meetings and clients regarding the upcoming projects and Agastya worked inside the four wall of his cabin not wanting to look at the pitiful gaze of people he used to know.

Soon it was lunch time and still Pranitha has lot to do before she could make some time to have lunch but as her watched rang telling her that it was time for Agastya's medicine she quickly discarded the work in her hand and made her way to his cabin only to find him lost in the file in his hand, not wanting to disturb him she checked the lunchbox only to find it as it was, she quickly served the food on plate and then look at him to call him only to find him squinting his brows in confusion as he read something in between the files in his hand, his lower lips were turned into a frown as he flicked the pages of file.